Friday, July 10, 2015

Review: Beautiful Stranger




Stars: 4 stars
Author Christina Lauren
Publisher: Gallery Books
Genre: Romance
Amazon

Christina Lauren writes good romance people.

I didn't get on the bandwagon with their first fanfic-- Beautiful Bastard because reviews in various places made me wary. Either that book is actually something I should read, or they have improved their writing significantly because I liked this book SO much.

Max is a GOOOOD romance hero. Somehow he is a bad-boy, but not really (or at least not to Sara). He and Sara have some really crazy times together and this book could easily have degenerated into mindless erotica, but it didn't. Sara and Max have a genuinely solid connection to one another that neither one of them can really deny after their first encounter together as strangers.

Sara has some issues with the idea of having a relationship due to the fact that her ex was a cheating scum-bag and so she gives Max a run for his money before admitting that she likes him. That usually bugs me-- when the heroine obviously really likes the guy but can't get out of her own head enough to admit it-- but for whatever reason, it didn't bug me here.

The other book I read by this duo that I really enjoyed was Diry Rowdy Thing that was similarly fun to read. I'll pick up some of their other books for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment